Saturday, July 11, 2009

Today was 89F or 31.5 C when we left and when we arrived in Westport it was 59F or 15C and cloudy.

All in all the trip took 4 hours with rest stops for potty both humans and canines, in those 4 hours the temperature went down to half of what it was! Oh well, I don’t mind, it’s the fresh sea air and finally no warm and sweaty at night! ;-)

We meant to leave yesterday but life got in the way, things took up more time than we expected and we decided to leave the next day so we would be rested and relaxed. We planned to leave at 9:00 AM but it was closer to 10:30 AM. W. over slept and didn’t wake me up. I didn’t get to sleep before 7:30!!!! AM!
Stress, wired, exhausted, warm, nausea, pain, dizzy and irregular heart beat problems when I turned to my other side etc. I saw the clock go from 12:30AM to 7:30 AM, tossing and turning, heard the birds started to sing and the light and world came to life again.
So I didn’t mind a bit when W. slept until 10:00, at least I got a couple of hours sleep, how I manage to function anyway I really do not know, but it can’t be right. ;-)

While on the road I snapped a pic of my DH. behind the wheel, pretending it’s a Ferrari in de F1 ;-)


I printed out Google’s directions and when I wasn’t paying attention for a moment W. followed the instruction of his GPS who sent us on a completely different route. When I started to realize the road we were driving on was totally different from one I had printed out it was too late. Turning around would mean a loss of time, strangely enough the GPS told us the time it would take for us to drive the last 22 miles would be 90 minutes while Google said 35 minutes. Why, I have no clue. It’s a French GPS so best not to ask too many questions before you know it she’s pissed off. ;-)


Of course it didn’t take us 90 minutes in about half an hour we arrived at the condo complex. It looked very nice, right on the beach and I could already hear the waves crashing ashore.

W. was going to look for the condo and open the door, it’s on the 3rd floor but he couldn’t find the number. I knew it was on the corner but he didn’t look at the second door and that was our door. So off to the office he went, came back, went back up and now had an ‘aha’ moment and found the door. Men! I’m equally as bad when it comes to opening locks though ;-) Thank God we had an elevator, there was no way in hell I would be able to climb those stairs every day. The pups were very excited, Lotte went in the elevator as an old pro, after all she has lived in an apartment and in hotels before in her 14 year long life! Fynn on the other hand went in fine the first 2 times after that he refused to go in ever again, we had to drag him in, didn’t take the clicker with is so we could practice and didn’t have liverwurst on hand to brag him. Now W. takes him down and up the stairs every time he has to go out.

The condo is absolutely very nice, modern and on first inspection everything seemed to work, later we found some things that do not work so well. The bed for instance, is horrible. We choose this condo because of its king bed, we cannot sleep in a queen bed together. W. is a notorious tossing and turner and that keeps me awake all night. He doesn’t just rolls himself to his other side no, he THROWS himself around. The bed has one of those spring mattresses, really uncomfortable, it pressed on all my trigger and pressure points and within an hour I was hurting like hell. Thank God for pain medication, it did take the edge of for a bit. I slept for 3 hours that night, and that on top of the few hours I slept the night before was enough to brake anyone down.


The bedroom door doesn’t close, which is annoying if you want to take a nap and a puppy keeps running into the room jumping up and down on you wanting to play and be with you before running off to see his dad if maybe he wants to play and than that same sequence again and again and again.... The blinds in the living room look very fancy, those blinds that can stay either down and have the top open or up and have the bottom part open. Well, neither configuration worked, the down part was down when we came in but it gives you the feel that you’re in a hospital and no view to the gorgeous outdoors so my engineer hubby fixed it so it will stay only up for now. At least we have light coming in and can view outside. It has a nice balcony, we can watch the sea to the left and the lighthouse to the right, the dunes and grass in front it us.

Top floor condo all the way to the left is ours.


View to the left from the balcony:


View to the right to the village:


There is a nice fireplace and the bathroom has a jetted tub, I looked forward to a soak before I would take a nap, some well deserved rest.
I turned on the faucet and filled the bath with lukewarm water(hot or warm water makes me faint) and got into the tub which was really nice, deep and big, it fitted me nicely. I relaxed my sore body and turned on the jets looking forward to a nice massage. To my horror all kinds of stuff came out of the jets, gross stuff and blue bits which looked like plastic. It almost made me vomit. I quickly got up, or as quick as I could, pulled the plug and turned on the shower to get the gross stuff of me. EEEEEEEEEWWWWWW, did I feel nasty and dirty! I have no idea what it was but I sure won’t use that tub again! *GAG* If the tub would have been new than I could understand the blue plastic but it wasn’t. It’s a couple of years old.
Anyway, we quickly put that out of our minds. The agency we rented the condo from isn’t on the complex but in another town and I will sure let them know.

After I rested for a while we took the dogs to the beach. The path to the beach is paved so I can drive my scooter up there but the last part is sand and I had to walk. That is not something I can do again, it’s uphill and I just can’t do that anymore. I sat in top of the beach access dune while W. took the dogs downhill and play ball on the wet sand. They went wild, so happy and full of joy! It was great watching them so excited and especially Lotte acting so young again, like a puppy. After an hour playtime my but was starting to hurt on that uncomfortable hard place and we went home to make dinner. There’s one grocery store in town, The Red Apple, and W. did some shopping while I had my siesta. Had a pizza, watched some TV and made plans for tomorrow. After breakfast we will go and check out the boardwalk and the marina and see what the day will bring is.The weather forecast said rain so we’ll see, for now some sleep would be nice ;-)

I brought my pillow and my own duvet and thin but comfy blanket with me, I have this thing about sleeping in beds other people have slept in. I try not to think about it too much but it grosses me out. No matter in which luxury hotel I am it still grosses me out. I have a silk sleeping bag made in New Zealand for me, it’s a travel silk sleeping bag the size of a twin bed, with a pillow cover attached to it. You put it on the offending bed and sleep in it. It holds up really well in the washing machine and rolled up it takes up little space, I take it everywhere I go with me.It’s nice a cool in hot weather and my comfy blanky is made from some kind of fleece and is nice over the sleeping bag when it gets too cold. So off I am, hope for some sleep and we’ll talk in the morning!



Nite-nite all!

# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment