Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weather is back to the 60’s F or 15C at least for now, it is gray and windy.

We don’t plan on doing much today, I will go down to the clubhouse and see if I can update my blog using their wifi. It’s the first time we’re on vacation to a place that doesn’t have internet and I must say it’s a handicap. Not that I want to check my messages all the time, I can do that with my iPhone if I wanted to, but quickly looking up some tourist information and finding nice spots to go to is not available either. I miss that.

So I’m off to the clubhouse now and we’ll see if I get some of my blogs uploaded. More later....

True, there was wifi at the clubhouse but boy it was like slow and thick as molasses. I replied to a few *panic* messages, I have about a 1000 messages and have only been gone for a few days. That’s what you get if you forget to set your mailing lists to no-mail! Tried to send my blog entries but that didn’t work, it seem to take forever so I quit and will upload them once we’re home. I’m using MacJournal a nice application to keep a journal or a blog, you can add and record messages or all kinds of media and upload/sync with the blogger server later. It’s handy and was well worth the money ($35).

After lunch we decided to go to the beach, another entry way we had not tried yet. Down we drove to Grayland again only now we took the middle beach entry. The sand was much much softer than on the first beach I went to with my scooter. Of course I was stubborn and tried to go anyway and of course I got stuck with the lovely scooter, poor thing I abused it horribly! W. did a professional job of getting it un-stuck, proof than men get much more stuck with stuff than we women do because they have more experience getting un-stuck. Makes sense doesn’t it? ;-)



Anyway, I left it there and slowly make my way over to what looked a comfortable place to put my behind on. It was, for a few moments, than the Lotte decides that as close to me as possible is a perfect place to dig a hole to Germany, throwing all the sand my way. Of course Fynn-boy saw the action and needed to take part, he probably thought Lotte was digging the hole for him to stay cool, little prince that he is.
Lotte has always been fond of the beach and for as long as I can remember she has been digging holes as big as possible and than lies in it or ‘accidentally’ rolls her tennis ball in it so she has to dig it up again, so funny ;-)

Lotte digging the hole


And more


And there is Prince Fynn, lying in his cool hole!




and Lotte digging a new hole ;-)

It was really windy today on the beach, a kind of wind that blows the sand everywhere, between your teeth, in your ears, your nose, between your bra, just everywhere. And just when you open your mouth to say something especially wicked and funny to your husband the wind blows a large amount of sand while you breathe in into your mouth so you spend the next 5 minutes chocking and cursing while husband looks on in bemusement.

Here are our pics for today, on our 'private' beach.



Click on any pic to go to the album
A


Went home after we were all tired of chasing balls, moving around in the sand and the wind. At home tried to get rid of all the sand which amounted to a nice private beach indoors. Took my siesta and had tea later on again on the balcony. I know it sounds boring but it is relaxing and we enjoy it ;-)

Dinner was lasagna from the store bought lasagna and after updating this blog and selecting photo’s it’s off to bed.
Will read some in my new book, Ask The Cow.

Tomorrow is another day!

# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment